If you question anything enough, you will begin to doubt it.
Yesterday we talked about paralyzing beliefs. We wrote down our beliefs and crossed out the paralyzing ones. We crossed them out on paper, we must now begin to cross them out of our lives.
The first step is to spend some time questioning our beliefs. For each negative, paralyzing belief on your list, ask yourself the following (write it down – seeing it on paper will really help):
- Why is it absurd to believe this?
- Who did I learn this from? Are they the kind of person that I really want to become?
- What is the cost if I don’t let go of this belief?
- What will really happen to me if I let go of this belief?
- What am I gaining as opposed to losing by continuing to believe this?
We must see ourselves as successful if we are to ever get there. Here are some examples of paralyzing beliefs that I once held:
- I can’t help it.
- I don’t make enough money to save.
- I could never get hired there.
- Even though that is not what I really want, it’s good enough.
- Nothing can change.
You become what you believe, therefore in order to be successful; you must get rid of any belief that keeps you from achieving your goals in life.
What’s on your list? Visit my blogging buddy Taquila Coleman for her insight on how destructive negative belief systems can be.