The difference between a stepping stone and a stumbling block is how it’s used.
Be careful what you listen to, we tend to repeat the words that we hear most often. We also attract people by our words – positive people with positive words, negative people with negative words.
I cannot overemphasize the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people.
Success is a process that takes work and practice. Begin now to eliminate the stumbling block words from your vocabulary and build stepping-stones to your success.
Eliminate the stumbling blocks
- Can’t is a four-letter word that stops you cold in your tracks.
- Every time you use this word, put a quarter in the cuss jar.
- Once you tell yourself that you can’t do something, your subconscious obeys you and makes it impossible to do.
- Once you decide that you can’t do something, you will stop seeking opportunities to grow and learn in this area.
- Can’t puts an impenetrable wall between you and success.
It won’t work
- Another quarter in the cuss jar when you use this phrase.
- It won’t work changes your attitude from seeking success to focusing on failure.
- You will begin to list the reasons why it won’t work and find no reasons why it can work.
- This is only part of this sentence. The other part of the sentence is – but I won’t.
- This phrase also deserves a quarter in the cuss jar.
- You recognize the problem but you have no intention of changing.
I quit, I stop, no more
- We use this phrase to stop bad habits and behaviors.
- The problem with using this sentiment is that you leave a hole. You have nothing to replace the old behavior with.
- If you want to correct a bad habit, you must replace it with something better or you will soon return to the old behavior.
- All behavioral holes will be filled.
- This is negative goal-setting.
- Your subconscious mind has dignity and does not like to be forced to do things. It will fight back.
Do this, or else
- This is another example of negative-goal setting.
- You are creating a subconscious ultimatum and your subconscious will fight back.
It was nothing
- You subconsciously minimize accomplishments AND maximize failures.
- If you accomplish something, wallow in it.
- Turn up the emotional intensity of your successes.
- Fear is a natural reaction to the unknown.
- To progress in life, we must move out of our comfort zone.
- Focus on happily arriving at your destination.
- The fear will dissipate after you take the first few steps toward your goal.
There’s always tomorrow
- Our friend procrastination.
- Your subconscious will always fight to keep you in your comfort zone.
- Procrastination is a trick it uses.
- Fight back by doing something NOW.
- When you have a goal, HOW will become apparent, although not immediately.
- Never ask how you will do it, just move toward your goal, the path will become clear as you begin your journey.
- This stumbling block leads to victimization and depression.
- Everyone has challenges in life and your challenge is not unique.
- Why me is an indication of self-absorption.
- You will never be successful if you believe that you are somehow the center of the universe.
- Challenges are the free weights of life; they build the muscles of our character.
- Instead of asking why me, ask what can I learn from this and how can I help others?
Keep the stepping-stones
The next time I will…
- Use this phrase when you make a mistake.
- Give yourself a new behavior to replace the old one with.
I want to
- Makes tasks desirable to the subconscious rather than forcing yourself to do something.
Wow, I did a great job on that
- Recognizing your accomplishments will build self-esteem.
- Self-esteem is the beginning of success.
- Changes your focus to the positive.
- You will not move enthusiastically toward any goal that is not your idea.
- You cannot thrive if you live someone else’s dream for your life.
- Removes procrastination.
I can hardly wait
- Gives you emotional excitement to work on your goals.
How can I use this setback
- Puts control back in your hands.
- Empowers rather than victimizes.
Your old way of speaking was a habit. To change your habit, you must practice your new way of speaking every day.
Don’t forget to visit Taquila today for more positive insight.