The poison of pessimism will kill your dreams. If permitted to continue, it may cause a general sense of hopelessness and despair. Extreme cases may lead to severe depression and even suicide.
To prevent pessimism poisoning, initiate a Pessimism Poison Control Center for your life.
For best results, administer antidotes immediately to prevent further damage to your mental health.
- Hanging around negative people.
- Running others down.
- Change the people that you spend your time with.
- Stop running others down. Stop allowing people around you to run others down.
- Attract positive people with a positive attitude.
- Build your own self-esteem with positive affirmations.
- Circumstances are out of your control.
- Allowing others to control your destiny and make decisions about your life.
- General feeling of powerlessness and helplessness.
- Place yourself in the position of power in your life and take charge of it.
- Accuracy in identifying faults in current performance.
- Unwillingness to improve upon skills.
- Failure to master skills.
- Making excuses for not getting qualified.
- Low self-esteem.
- Practice makes perfect. Continue to practice and track improvement.
- Believe that you will be able to perform successfully in the future.
- Get qualified (classes, mentors, additional practice, etc.)
- Reinforce little improvements with rewards and self-praise.
- Living in the past or present.
- Believing only in what has been or what is now, not what can be.
- Visualize a better future. Believe that tomorrow will be a better day.
- Talk a good day into existence by greeting others in a positive light.
- Belief that the current situation is permanent.
- Belief that nothing can change and nothing will change.
- Giving up hope.
- Recognize that every situation will change.
- Ask what you can do to change the situation and do it.
- One problem dictates your entire life.
- Change your focus to the positive things in your life. There are always more positive things than negative things going on.
- Problems are personal. Somehow the universe hates you and is out to get you.
- You have bad luck.
- This is actually an indication of an overinflated ego. Recognize that the sun, moon and stars do not center around you, and that everyone has setbacks.
- Use the law of attraction to focus on the positive things in your life.
- Focus on helping others rather than wallowing in self-pity.
Always keep a generous supply of laughter and humor on hand for emergencies.