Apply these 10 Ps to your life and watch how quickly it changes for the better.
1. People: Spend most of your time with positive people. You become like what you spend your time with. Positive people will help you to reach your dreams.
Negative people will ask you HOW. If you don’t know, they will tell you that it’s stupid and try to convince you to give up. Limit your time with them.
2. Proactive: Take responsibility and control of your life. You have the power to make things happen, and therefore you can live in confidence that you will make good things happen in your life.
Don’t just believe in the power you have in your life,act upon your beliefs. Boldly follow your dreams and passions. Before long, your dreams will become reality because you made it happen.
3. Planning: We plan for everything, including our own death. Spend time planning for pleasure. Spend time planning for a bright future. When it comes, you will be ready.
4. Positive: It goes without saying that you must have a positive attitude. Expect to win, and you will. Positive people attract positive people and success into their lives.
Success is a matter of attitude, not luck.
5. Persistence: Never give up. The end result of effort will be rewarded. Persistence and not talent is the key to success.
6. Permanence: Setbacks are temporary challenges. This realization gives you the will to keep going because no problem will last forever.
Those who believe that setbacks are permanent are those who give up before achieving success.
7. Pervasiveness: Never allow one problem to control your entire life. No matter how big the challenge, there are more good things that happen in a day than bad ones. Maximize the good in each day and minimize the bad.
8. Personal: Do not take setbacks as personal. The universe, God, the stars or odds are not against you. The sun rises on both the just and the unjust and setbacks happen in life. This too, shall pass.
9. Practice: Practice to achieve perfection. It takes repetition to master skills. Be willing to keep trying until you achieve perfection. You will.
10. Patience: Have patience. Things will always turn out for the best regardless of how they look today. It takes time to turn your bicycle around and head in a new direction.
Patience gives you the ability to weather storms and emerge successful.
If you are a pessimist and your life is a mess, why not give optimism a try? You might just find bliss.