If you remember Sophia from TV’s The Golden Girls, then you know exactly what Granny was like. Estelle Getty (the actress who played Sophia) died about a week before Granny did.
Granny lived on in her wisdom. I’d like to pass some of it on to you from time to time.
The “find a fool, leave that fool alone,” quote was always accompanied with a stern look and a shaking index finger. There is so much wisdom in those simple words.
We spend too much time trying to please other people. We worry when they mistreat us. We get upset when they don’t apologize when they hurt us. We let other people describe us, even if it tears us down.
These people are toxic, poison to us. We have better things to do with our time.
Next time you run into a toxic person, remember what Granny said, “leave that fool alone.” Don’t forget to shake your index finger.
- For Your Own Good (http://auroramorealist.wordpress.com/)
- Critically Theoretically Positively Unpositive (http://asecondcup.wordpress.com/)
- Four Poems from Dear Bully (http://lineofserenity.wordpress.com/)
- Today’s Motivation (http://philammann.com/)
- Birds of a Feather (http://thepossibilitarianslight.wordpress.com/)
- Turn Your Bike Around and Pedal (living4bliss.wordpress.com)
- Haters Gonna Hate.. (librachronicles.wordpress.com)
- Haters gone hating (tsukiakarigetsu.wordpress.com)
- Showing Haters the Door (ninilovespie.wordpress.com)